For over 25+ years I was relaxed. And now I’m back to transitioning back to my natural hair. Now you are probably asking yourself, why did I start by saying this? Basically whether if I was relaxed or natural, It allows came down to one problem. And that would GROWTH! My hair never grew. And if it did, it would probably a few inches. Tops!
Now from what I was told growing up even into adulthood that headdress aka hair grease was the answer to all prayers. And that it was the key factor in hair growth. For me, that’s not actually true. Not only was that not true, but I was told that it makes dry hair softer. Damn, really?! Oh, and as for the dry hair thing, that is for another post that I’ll drop.
But anyhoo, we are here to discuss speeding up hair growth. And the 6 ways that you can grow it out. These tips may be helpful to you.
Let us explore the ways to speed up hair growth
- Daily scalp massages to get your blood flowing to your scalp which stimulates hair growth. Check out this handy scalp massaging brush.
- Growth aids are products that when applied to the scalp regularly have been proven to increase growth, such as castor oil and sulfur based oils like Bee Mine’s sulfur serum.
- Drinking lots of water keeps your hair hydrated from the inside out. It is recommended that you divide your weight (in lbs) by two and drink that amount of water in ounces every day. So for example, if you weigh 140 lbs you would drink at least 70 ounces of water per day.
- Regular exercise is a natural way to increase circulation which increases growth but also, when your body is healthy your hair grows better!
- The inversion method involves turning your head upside down and massaging an oil of your choice into your scalp for at least five minutes per day. Read more about the inversion method and see ladies’ results.
- Eating a vegetable packed diet provides your hair with lots of nutrients and vitamins necessary not only for healthy bodies but also healthy hair growth. In addition, take a multivitamin daily to make sure you are getting at least your recommended daily value of each vitamin. There are specialized vitamins geared for faster hair growth, like Beauty Vites and Hairfinity, that can help push out your strands even faster.
I have to be honest all of these are simple enough to follow. But as for me, I am downright lazy. Now I do put in an effort when I’m motivated. At the end of the day when it comes to Afro-textured hair, it is very important that we take care of it. That why we need to take a closer look at
This book and a few others are apparently bestsellers. You should be able to implement the tips and tricks it has to offer. I wish everyone much-needed success on your natural hair journey. Blessings:-)